*Prix par personne sur la base de 2 personnes
Culinary Tour in Provence , visit Provene to discover the jewel of Southern provençal cook Provence is the perfect place for a successful culinary stay. The chefs are uncompromising on quality, to create signature and creative seasonal dishes while maintaining to keep all Provençal authenticity. That will delight lovers of good Provence food…with Provence French Riviera Tourrism
Arrive at the airport of Marseille or the TGV station in Aix en Provence. Check in at the hotel at 10:00: for a departure for a guided tour of Old Aix, walk (2 hour duration with tour guide).
Aix en Provence is the most bourgeois of the Provencal towns. Sextius Thermes in Saint Sauveur Cathedral through to the Mazarin area with sumptuous private mansions will allow you to follow your own cultural journey and discover the local specialties. Home of the famous marzipan, you will learn about the legend and the secrets of its manufacture.
Mythical city of the painter Paul Cézanne who created many paintings in the Aix countryside will allow you to walk in the heart of the country market with aromas of fragrant fresh herbs, sun ripened tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil.
Included: 5 savoury and sweet tasting and guided tour,
Visiting a Calissons factory
Typical Provencal lunch based on fresh local produce and tasting Pastis
Gourmet diner in a restaurant in Aix en Provence
Hotel accommodation in Aix en Provence 3 or 4 **** according to the option chosen
In the morning there will be a 10: 00 o’clock departure for a stroll in the beautiful Country Aix, Tholonet road which will take you in the footsteps of Cezanne, the mountain St Victoire, the Bimont dam, the castle Vauvenargues Picasso bought in 1958 and where he was buried.
Visit the “Jas de Bouffan” where Cézanne lived and was his anchor from 1859-1899 interspersed with a shorter or longer break in the region Gardanne, L’Estaque … Le Jas de Bouffan was a workshop whose walls received the first works of Cézanne. The country house and its park are classified as a historic monument which is open to the public
We return via the the Bridge of the 3 Sautet, the picturesque village of Meyreuil (a small detour to view from the carpark of the cemetery), then visit the town of Gardanne where Cézanne lived for one year with the 24 Forbin Courses and carried out there some paintings of the Bell-tower.
Discover the picturesque creeks of the Côte Bleue Niolon, the Vesse, Figueres, Mejean, Carry le Rouet and its famous Oursinades weekends of February and January in Sausset les Pins … .Another famous attraction is the Sardinades of Martigues which is available on summer nights from June 21 to August 31, the Venice of Provence.
The waters of the great blue sea help to inspire the painter and you can take a stroll to the Estaque a small fishing port which is still authentic with its Provencal stalls before arriving back in Marseille.
Check into your hotel.
Gourmet lunch at the farmhouse “La Table de Beaurecueil»
Gourmet dinner “Bouillabaisse ”in Miramar on the Old Port, whose reputation is well established.
Hotel accommodation **** 3 or 4 depending on the option
Morning free for personal discovery of Marseille, check out is at 12 00
Presentation des restaurants:
Restaurant La Table de Beaurecueil
The tranquillity and the exquisite charm of this place and the warm welcome help to create a special dining experience. Delicate aromas emanate from the kitchen and the dishes will arrive at your table accompanied with harmonious flavours. Each dish is prepared with finesse and is carefully presented to create a unique dining experience. To always satisfy your needs, the menu changes every month and varies the products seasonally.
We discover a fresh and sunny kitchen where the chef favours flavours based on Mediterranean influences, ancient Provencal recipes and local produce (Mediterranean fish and fishermen of the Old Port as red mullet of the Ciccarelli family , bush Rove, Mees oil and the Cassis wines of Bandol, …). People come here especially to taste “True Bouillabaisse” one of the best of Marseille, whose recipe has never changed over time.
The restaurant regularly hosts top athletes, famous celebrities and politicians who savour this excellent fine cuisine.
GUARANTEED STARTING AT THE DATE OF YOUR CHOICE
Departure guaranteed from 2 people
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
* Car Rental: Pick up and drop off at the airport or train station includes unlimited mileage and all risk insurance included (optional possibility to hire the car with a driver who can act as a guide in your language)
* 2 nights with breakfast in the hotel of the chosen category 3 or 4 ****
* 1 gourmet dinner in Aix en Provence
* 1 gourmet dinner Bouillabaisse at Miramar in Marseille (or similar)
* 1 gourmet lunch in the Aix countryside to Table of Beaurecueil (or similar)
* Visiting a Calissons factory in Aix en Provence
* 5 gourmet tasting sweet salty in Aix en Provence
* Tasting “pastis” and its “appetizers”
* Walk in the creeks of the Blue Coast (half day)
* Insurance during your tour
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
* Your transport (plane, train or other) until the start of your program (depending on your arrival or departure times an extra night stay may be needed), supports all cities and airports in France (Paris and the airports France)
* Drinks and personal expenses, extras
* Meals not mentioned
* Lunch or dinner left to your discretion as per your inspiration
* Optional tours Activities
* The city tax to the hotel (payable on site at the hotel upon departure from the hotel)
* Refuelled upon return of the vehicle (the car must be returned with the full fuel tank)
* Cancellation insurance (optional)
* Everything that is not indicated in “the price includes”
Hotel taxes are not included in our programs, they are variable, and will be demanded directly by the hotels before your leaving. The taxes can be different between the hotels even if they are in a same standard or have same stars.
CANCELLATION IN HIGH SEASONS
Regardless of the cancellation fees set out in our terms and conditions, some providers and hotels may apply different rules in high seasons. These terms of payment and cancellation will be specified in each reservation. You will be informed right after your booking . It happens that the hotels require the total booking value in case of cancellation.