Live in Chatelain for Weekend - the most beautiful castles in Provence
WEEKEND IN A MEDIEVAL AUTHENTIC HISTORICAL CASTLE BETWEEN ALPES DE HAUTES PROVENCE AND HAUTE ALPES – 3 DAYS
The history of the castle began in the eleventh century. It used to be a place of residence for notables in the era of Louis XIV-Vauban, and it is now a venue with various themes: historical tours, business meetings, concerts, culinary workshops and mosaic apprenticeships.
The Picomtal Castle was a tower in the 13th century, and a building 14th century. It was adjoined by another building and two towers in the early sixteenth century. The original state is completely preserved. The windows were enlarged, a conservatory was built on the southern facade probably in the early nineteenth century. At that time, the facade was decorated with a wooden balcony but that has now disappeared. The garden and the supporting walls of the terrace were built in the sixteenth century.
The Picomtal Castle offers 9 different rooms and suites. In addition to the comfort of the rooms, the building is in a beautiful French garden with ponds, fountains, boxwood parterres, a court, an orchard and a pond.
The Magic of this Renaissance castle
The Picomtal Castle is a pure jewel of Renaissance architecture, well-known and mysterious.
This beautiful house, transformed into a charming guest house, invites its residents to find in an authentic and comfortable atmosphere the joys of discreet luxury. The well preserved furniture are from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The delightful atmosphere draws part of its charm in the stunning nature that surrounds it: a fleet of varied gardens and the enchanting landscape near the Parc des Ecrins. There are plenty water sports and mountain activities you can do at the entrance of the Massif des Ecrins, with the mild and comfortable Provencal climate.
The rooms are suitable to hold from 15 to 100 people for meetings, seminars, concerts and other cultural events. Every year, the vaulted room (formerly guardroom) holds activities such as professional kitchen cooking workshops.
We have a range of accommodations in Southern France which are luxurious, special and unique. Just let us know your criteria and requirements, we’ll offer you the best selection that’s suitable for your needs.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE :
* The airport transfer or other transfer services(between the hotels and airport, train station etc)
- According to your time of arrival or departure you might need to plan an additional night
- We are able to receive you and send you anywhere you wish in France(an airport,a train station, or a street…)
* Meals except for the ones specified above
* Beverages other than the ones specified above
* The hotel taxes (city tax or others)
* Tips, Personal expenses and any extra arrangements
* As marked in the Fuel Policies of Car hire companies, your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full, missing fuel will be charged on your return.
* Cancellation fees
* Anything not mentioned under “The price includes”
CANCELLATION IN HIGH SEASONS
Regardless of the cancellation fees set out in our terms and conditions, some providers and hotels may apply different rules in high seasons. These terms of payment and cancellation will be specified in each reservation. You will be informed right after your booking . It happens that the hotels require the total booking value in case of cancellation.